In South Africa, it isn’t easy to survive, especially after the COVID-19 pandemic and due to inflation. The economy is very high, making it harder for people to afford basic commodities. However, different governments and individual institutions are already working on relief programs in South Africa.
One of those institutions is the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). It is an agency that works under the government of South Africa.
The agency aims to provide aid to people suffering from financial problems. To make this goal true, it provides grants to deserving people across South Africa. The purpose of these grants is to benefit needy people through financial assistance.
Once a person applies for the grant, SASSA will approve their application (if eligible) and issue a card. Beneficiaries can withdraw payments, buy grocery items or pay bills to restaurants through the card.
How to Withdraw Money Without SASSA Card?
There are two straightforward methods to facilitate this:
SASSA Payment Pick-up Points:
- Utilize Alternative Payment Pick-up Points for grant withdrawal.
- These points are designated government-endorsed retail stores.
- Visit your nearest pick-up store.
- Present your OTP (One-time PIN) and ID card at the counter.
- You’ll receive your grant money, and your payment status will be updated in the system.
- The OTP pin is sent to your mobile phone upon SASSA application approval.
SASSA R350 Cardless Withdrawal Through your Own Bank:
- Request a change in your SASSA withdrawal method from the SASSA card to your personal bank account.
- Note that withdrawing money from a SASSA cardless ATM is not possible.
How to Change SASSA Payment Method?
There is a way through which you can switch your payment method to your personal bank account. To change your payment method, follow the instructions carefully.
- Visit the official website of SRD SASSA. Here’s the link:https://srd.sassa.gov.za/.
- select the option that suits you “For ID holders and Asylum Seekers and Special Permit Holders
- select “click here to proceed “
- Scroll down until you find How do I change my banking details
- Type your ID and phone number.
- SASSA will send you an SMS containing a secure link to the number you used during signing up for the website.
- Tap on the link.
- Follow the instructions given in the link, and you will be able to change your payment method. You just need to select a bank account as your payment method.
But what if anyone loses the SASSA card? If you are the person who lost your SASSA card, don’t worry. We have devised a solution for this issue. Check also the Sassa grant payout dates.
What to Do If I Lost My SASSA Card?
A SASSA card is very important, and if you lose it, immediately inform the officials of the agency through their toll-free helpline number, You should ask them to put a ban on your card. Here’s the helpline number: 0800 600 160. The step is to ensure that no other person can’t use your SASSA card illegally. Also, file a report at your nearest police station.
How to Request For The Replacement of SASSA Card?
To request a new SASSA card, follow the instructions we have mentioned below.
- Go to the nearest SASSA office and meet their representative.
- Ask them about your card replacement.
- Follow the instructions they provide you.
- They will replace your old SASSA card with a new one.
What Documents Do I Need to Replace The SASSA Card?
To replace your SASSA card, you will need a police report about how your card was stolen or lost.
Note: The report must be original and signed by the police.
How Much Is It Worth Replacing My SASSA Card?
As per SASSA rules, the replacement will cost you a fine of R26. The fine will be deducted from your next payment. The same rule applies if your card gets damaged. You will not get fined if your card has a technical issue.
How Much Time Will It Take to Replace My SASSA Card?
You can get your card in a few minutes, but what if the SASSA office is far from your home? In this case, you can withdraw money without a SASSA card. It’s just as simple as changing your payment method.
Change your payment method to your personal bank account. The payments will directly come into your bank account without any card. To switch your payment method, read the rest of the article.
Note: Please make sure to input your personal account number, as SASSA can’t send grants to another person’s account. This step is to ensure the security of payments.
Once you change your payment method, SASSA will verify your details. After that, you will start receiving payments directly into your bank account. You can also select E-Wallet or CashSend as your payment method. You can receive payments through these methods without a SASSA card.
This method is temporary, and you will need to avail your card at the nearest SASSA office as soon as possible. Learn also about, How can you collect an r350 grant at pick n pay?
We have focused on the replacement of SASSA cards, how to withdraw money without a SASSA card, and many other related things in the article. We hope you have found the answer to your queries in this article. If not, you can contact SASSA representatives. They can give a comprehensive guide on SASSA-related matters.
If you find any SASSA card, instead of trying to withdraw payments through it, please submit it to the nearest police station or SASSA local office.