Many NGOs are working in different countries to help people in terms of finance, support, and upbringing of children, etc. In South Africa, the South African Social Security Agency is the institution that provides help to their people in almost every term.
They have initiated several grants to benefit the needy people of South Africa financially. These grants provide payments to SASSA beneficiaries. The Social Relief of Distress (SRD) R350 is one of those grants made to help unemployed people. You can apply for an SRD grant through various online platforms.
If you have already applied for the SRD R350 grant and want to cancel your application, read the rest of the article.
Ways to Cancel Your SASSA SRD Grant Application
You can cancel your SASSA Relief Grant through the following ways.
How to Cancel SASSA Relief Grant Application Through The Website?
Follow the below-given steps.
- Go to the SRD website of SASSA https://srd.sassa.gov.za/.
- If you are a South African ID Holder, click “Click here to proceed”.
- Once the page is fully loaded, you will see a section on How to Cancel My Application.
- Under the section, a yellow button is given with the text Click Here to Cancel Online.
- Click the button.
- After that, you will be redirected to another page of that website. They will ask you for the information in two pieces of a box.
- In one box, input your 13-digit bar-coded ID number.
- Type your mobile phone number in the second box. Please use the cell phone number you registered while applying.
- Below these boxes, there will be an option for Send Pin.
- Click on it after typing the information asked. Then, you will receive an OTP pin on your mobile phone.
- Input the pin in the box.
- Now, click on the button with the inscription Cancel My Grant if you are willing to cancel your grant.
How to Cancel SASSA Relief Grant Application Through WhatsApp?
Here’s the set of instructions from which you can cancel your relief grant via WhatsApp.
- Send a message to the WhatsApp number of SASSA. Here’s the number: 082 046 8553.
- Compose and send a message with “Cancel SASSA R350 Grant”. They will give you an immediate response with a menu with various options.
- Choose the Cancel My Application option.
- Send your ID number and mobile phone number.
- Now confirm it.
How to Cancel SASSA Relief Grant Application Through Toll-Free Helpline Number of SASSA?
- Contact the USSD helpline number of SASSA. Here’s the number: 0800 601 011.
- After calling, please provide the information asked and tell them to cancel your application.
They will approve your cancellation request for the SASSA relief grant application.
How to Cancel SASSA Relief Grant Application Through Email?
- Contact SASSA through Email
- Here’s the email ID: [email protected].
- Compose an email. Please mention your query in it.
- Request the cancellation of your SRD grant in the email.
- Send it.
In the email, you can also ask your queries related to SASSA grants.
Why Should I Cancel My SASSA SRD R350 Grant Application?
If you don’t qualify for the SASSA SRD grant and are still receiving payments, then SASSA can file a case of fraudsters against you. Getting the Social Relief of Distress Grant payment is not legal if you don’t secure the terms and conditions of the SRD grant.
You may take over somebody else’s rights if you have enough support or income to survive on your essential commodities.
Here’s the list of some reasons why you should cancel the Relief Grant application.
- If you don’t secure the eligibility criteria for the grant but still get it, SASSA will take you to court in case of fraud. Please cancel your grant in this situation as soon as possible.
- You must cancel the relief grant if you have a high income and can afford your basic needs.
- If you earn more than the threshold of R624, you should cancel the SRD grant.
- If your age is below 18 years, you can’t apply for the Relief grant, but you are still receiving payments. Please cancel it.
Can you imagine that you are stealing food from a poor child? Surely not. Receiving payments illegally through the SASSA SRD grant is the same as it. If you are receiving, then think about the actual deservers of the grant. You should cancel your application now in any of the above cases.
How to Reapply For The Relief Grant After Cancellation?
Suppose you have canceled your SRD application mistakenly. Thanks to SASSA, the agency has created the option to reapply for the SRD R350 grant application.
Follow the given instructions to reapply for the SASSA SRD R350 Grant application.
- Visit the official website of SRD SASSA. Here’s the link: srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Scroll on the site until you find Reinstate my canceled application option.
- Tap on Reinstate Online.
- The next page will be open. Input your ID and cell phone number. (make sure to give the information you provided for the cancellation of the grant)
- You will then receive an OTP pin. Input the pin in the provided box.
- Tap on the confirm button.
The representative team of SASSA will verify your application. After approval of your application, you’ll start receiving the SRD grant payments again but if the applicant application is still pending, then read about what to do in case Sassa SRD reapplication is pending.
Canceling your relief grant application doesn’t require hard and fast efforts. It’s just as simple as clicking and getting a result. Instead of taking over any other person’s right, you can cancel your application. After cancellation, if your financial situation becomes unstable again, you can also reinstate your cancelled application of Sassa
Apply Online for Covid-19 Sassa SRD r350 – 2024
Apply for Sassa Old Age Pension – South African Government
Sassa Disability Grant Application – Living with Disabilities 2023
Apply for Sassa Child Support Grant Application