The national disaster has ended now and the SRD r350 grant is now managed under the rules of the Social Assistance Act 2004 (Act No. 13 of 2004) and is implemented with the concordance of the Minister of Finance. Every month the Sassa grant is open for those who want to apply. The Sassa accepts or rejects the application received by the applicants before the 15th of every month. According to the departmental statement report, 5.2 million applications out of 11.4 million applicants were approved for the month of June and this only represents less than 50% of the applications. Here, you will find the comprehensive guide on “How to reinstate my canceled application of Sassa”?
How to reinstate SRD R350 Grant Application
As a Sassa beneficiary, you have the right to cancel the Sassa relief grant at any time if you wish for it. There could be several reasons because of which the recipients may have canceled their SRD grants. Some of them are:
- If you are no longer in a financial crisis
- If you feel, you do not need the grant anymore.
- If you start a job and have a monthly income or salary
- If you find some other financial resources to get help
After cancelation, if in case you are suffering again from financial loss, you have the right to apply for reinstatement of canceled applications for the r350 grant. So, According to Sassa, the reinstate module is activated now for the applicants who found themselves in a crisis. The applicants can make an application online for restoration by following these instructions:
- Go to the SRD website: srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Navigate to “South African ID Holders” if you possess a South African residence permit, and then click on “Proceed” to continue.
- Scroll the tab down, you find the section ‘reinstate my canceled grant application‘.
- Click on the button, “Click here to reinstate online“.
- Now, fill out the form by inserting your ID number and mobile number and click the button, “send pin“.
- Then, you receive an SMS text notification that contains the one-time pin (an OTP code)
- Insert the one-time pin code at the required field.
- Click on the button ” verify pin“.
- Choose the reason for a grant to reinstate for example choose one option from mistakenly canceled, have no income or other, etc.
- You will receive a message (are you sure you want to reinstate the grant or not). you have to reply to the query and click “yes” to continue.
Requirements To Receive The R350 Grant
If you want that your SRD grant application considered by Sassa, and applicant must verify his or her identity, residential information, income proof, or social security benefits to Sassa. Applicants will have to accept the declaration and consent to complete the submission process. Under the new Act, the existing beneficiaries will have to reapply Sassa grant of r350 for the purpose to check the threshold limit of beneficiary income as well as other verification processing. For reapplying, make sure you fulfilled the following criteria otherwise your application will be rejected by the Sassa official.
- Applicant must be unemployed and have no other incomes resources
- Monthly Earning should be R624 or less
- Applicant must be South African citizen, have resident permit of SA, refugee atatus or asylm seeker, holder of a special permit
- Applicants are 18 to 59 years old
- Must live within the border of South Africa
- Applicant must be registered on the Home Affairs database
- An applicant who does not have Identity documents, registered on Sassa’s social grant database
- Neither live nor get any kind of benefits from government Institutions
- Not receiving any other grants distributed by Sassa
Once you’ve reapplied, you won’t have to apply again and again as it only interrupts and confuse the Sassa system and sometimes it becomes the cause of delay in the application processing.
Applicants will receive the Confirmation message from Sassa as soon as their application has been successfully submitted and Sassa applicants also receive the confirmation message before the 15 of every month informing them of whether they’ve been approved or not. You can also check your Sassa application status. Sassa allowed the South African citizens that they can apply for the grant every month. So no one can suffer from unemployment or the stress of hunger.
So, anyone who canceled the Sassa SRD grant and wants to re-activate now is welcome to re-apply. It may be because of any kind of circumstances. If you have any queries or questions related to the grant, you can get answers regarding any information about the grant through the given contact details.
SASSA Toll Free number for call: 0800 60 10 11
Contact through email to: [email protected]