SASSA loans or grant payments are for people going through financial difficulties. South African residents can apply through various platforms to get monthly assistance but the process is extremely time-consuming. Even after the application has been approved, the recipients have to wait to withdraw their money. This problem is being faced by many people after which the national institution has appealed and requested them to have some patience as the matter is being resolved by the authorities.
SASSA Appeals For Patience From Social Grant Recipients
South African Social Security Agency, SASSA is a national institution that helps the residents who are suffering after the country went through a financial drought in the last two decades. People from eight different categories can apply for SASSA grants or financial assistance. They can get monthly installments or loans which will help them make it through the time they find other earning options for themselves. As mentioned at the start, SASSA is a national institution so they have to deal with thousands of requests in a day.
The institution has appealed to the recipients to stay patient because the process is extremely time-consuming. All the information regarding the recipient’s identity, bank statements, and locality is checked before approval. Some recipients are frustrated because their grants or loan payments have been approved but they are unable to withdraw the money. After several complaints, SASSA told them to be patient and bear with them.
The institution gave a statement that the Postbank system is unstable and the receivers will have to wait a little longer. They won’t be able to withdraw the amount of the loan or their monthly grants with their SASSA gold cards because the system is having some faults. SASSA has assured that the recipients will get their money as 90% of the grants have been issued to deserving people. Only a few people are facing problems with the withdrawals but soon they will get their Sassa payments too.
The problem lies in the system from the beginning which is now being handled by the authorities themselves. The South African post office tells the people that their funds have been released and they can now withdraw the money. On the other hand, the banks tell the recipients that they have insufficient funds in their accounts. The constant misapprehension is driving people crazy as they have been waiting for months. After the official statement and appeal from SASSA, the recipients now have to wait for an unknown period of time again. Here, you can also Sassa status check online.
How long does SASSA take to approve an appeal?
SASSA takes almost three months to complete the process and approve the request for a loan payment or monthly grant. This is a time-consuming process because the number of applicants is in the thousands.
How do I appeal online with SASAA?
You can apply for grant payments or loan installments online through the official website. The South African Social Security Agency has different platforms to assist applicants.
Can SASSA take your money back?
Yes, SASSA can take your money back as the process can be reversed but once you have applied to get the loan you can have it anytime you want.
A brief article with some information about the wait that is being faced by the SASSA grants or loan recipients is discussed above. The national institution appeals to the recipients to be patient as the banking system is facing some glitches. This problem is being handled by the authorities and soon will be resolved. Almost 95% of the people who got the applications approved have received the money. The remaining 5% of the people are requested to hold their horses for a little longer before they receive the money.