The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) is a relief fund for needy society members. Usually, the government pays by sending the grant to bank accounts, or other methods. But recently due to some reasons, the Sassa grants were not received by many beneficiaries. Are you also one of those people wondering why you did not get your Sassa grant this time? If yes then this article is for you. Read ahead to know why there is a delay in Sassa payments and about Postbank apologises for inconveniencing.
Postbank Apologises For Inconveniencing Sassa Grant Beneficiaries
The Sassa grant is especially for children, senior citizens, and disabled people. Mostly they release the funds through banks, special Sassa cards, or other methods in time. But many recipients are getting the Sassa grants late and facing problems to get their grants. The Postbank has officially apologized for causing trouble to the beneficiaries of the Sassa grant. To know the reasons behind this inconvenience read the passage below.
Reasons Behind Late Release of Sassa Grants
If you are receiving the Sassa grants for a long time now you must have some idea that Postbank never delays the Sassa grants but due to some reasons, many beneficiaries didn’t get their grant in time. Postbank apologized for inconveniencing Sassa grant beneficiaries with the payments along with stating the reasons for
- The main reason behind this nuisance is the temporary malfunctioning of the banking system of the Postbank which is why many beneficiaries did not get their grants.
- Moreover, Postbank is in debt to Telkom which provides IT services to the bank. Telkom is now pressurizing the bank to pay back R225 million to continue using the IT services.
- Another Sassa grant payment method is sending the fund through Post Office. Still, unfortunately, it is also going through financial crises which is why Sassa beneficiaries are not getting their grants in time.
- Postbank is responsible for paying over 10 million grants to the Sassa beneficiaries but it has to clear the R960 million debt of Telkom which is getting in the way of making payments to the beneficiaries every month.
- Also, the Telkom contract will end in December but the state-owned company is still struggling to pay the debt which is why it is facing many service issues these days.
Postbank apologized for inconveniencing Sassa grant beneficiaries because of their IT service issues, debts, and financial crises. But it has assured all the Sassa recipients will get their social grant soon from Monday onwards. They will resume the Sassa operation and will start releasing payments after system faults. So the beneficiaries will receive their grant through the following Sassa payment methods.
Methods for Receiving Sassa Grants
- Post Office
- Sassa Card
Why is my Sassa money not approved?
According to the statement released by Sassa, those beneficiaries whose accounts are approved still did not receive the payment because of the pending or failed bank account verification.
Why is Sassa delaying my payment?
Sassa delays the grant payment if your bank account credit is more than the qualifying amount for the Sassa grant. This is done to prevent fraudulent activities.
Does Sassa send a message?
Yes, they send a message to inform all the beneficiaries whose payments are approved to receive their grant.
Sassa is helping many needy people in South Africa since 2005. They send grants to the Sassa beneficiaries every month once their bank account has been verified. But recently due to Postbank’s Telkom outstanding debts and system glitches many Sassa beneficiaries are facing problems to get their grant. And for that Postbank has also apologized to the Sassa grant beneficiaries for causing inconvenience to them. I hope our article has helped you in understanding the delay in the Sassa grant of many beneficiaries. Thank you for your valuable time.